ARI Network Services Accessibility Statement
ARI Network Services is committed to providing digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving our platform user experience for everyone and applying relevant accessibility tools and standards.
Our sites are built on code that is compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The sites display correctly in current browsers using standards compliant HTML/CSS code and should continue to display correctly on future browsers.
Measures to support accessibility
ARI Network Services takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of sites built on the ARI Network Services platform:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility in our internal policies.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities through a multi-department working group.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
What Are We Doing About Accessibility?
- We have established an accessibility working group to understand compliance issues.
- We have drafted corporate accessibility guidelines.
- We are evaluating the dealer websites deployed on our platform to determine what accessibility gaps may exist.
- Improving site navigation.
- Title and/or Alt tags associated with images or equivalent textual content has been provided.
- Ensuring promotional pricing, limitations and exclusions are easily understood.
- Product descriptions and pricing is easily understood.
- Providing contact information for those with accessibility questions or concerns, or for those who need additional assistance.
- Developing Quality Assurance guidelines for sites built on our platform.
- Adding an accessibility link on dealer sites to outline their commitment to digital accessibility for people with disabilities.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of sites built on the ARI Network Services Platform. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on ARI Network Services sites: